CAT Studios: 4214 58 Street Red Deer, AB.
When: 7:00-9:30 p.m.
Feb 11- March 26 Tuesdays
March 28- April 30 Tuesdays & Thursdays
May 1- June 15 Directors set their own rehearsal schedule with their cast/crew.
One Act Play Fest Tech Week/ Shows June 3-15
To prepare directors to direct a play in CAT’s One Act Play Festival -June 6-15, 2019
1. The director as collaborator, facilitator and leader
2. Directorial elements: vision, design, staging, script analysis & rehearsal preparation
3. Auditions/Casting: How to prep for, coach at, and cast effectively
4. Rehearsals: setting your style, directing strategies, planning and delivery at rehearsal, and no-no’s (including the three mistakes most directors make!)
5. Creative techniques & language to getting the best from your Actors (including the three mistakes most actors make!)
6. Being ready for Tech week – the addition of lights, sound, set & costumes.
7. Performance & debrief.
Open to: Open to people with acting and/or directing experience. Limited space.
Cost: $200. Space is limited.
For more information and/or to apply to register please contact Tanya at firstname.lastname@example.org.